Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm A Big Boy Now...

I don't know when I became the one that everyone tries to keep tabs on because they're afraid of what I'm getting myself into. Do you think I don't know what I'm doing is not the best thing for me sometimes? Of course I do. I do it anyway. If it comes back to bite me in the ass at the end of the day (or the next morning, as the case may be) then it's my thing to deal with. Despite the fact that it may look like my demons are getting the best of me, in reality I'm dealing better than I ever have. I'm not doing anything that's hurting anybody. I feel happy and I feel like I'm finally getting a handle on things. So if my phone happens to be off for two or three hours at any time during the day, just let it go and call back later. It's not the end of the world. And I'm not doing the things I was doing a year ago or even a few months ago. I told you I'd turned a corner and I meant it. I appreciate the fact that you're all so concerned about me and where I'm headed but at the moment I'm not concerned as to where my destination is. For the first time in a long time, I'm just enjoying the ride.