Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Evening Post


As promised in my last post, many blogs are forthcoming and hopefully I'll be back to posting regularly this week. For now, just Sunday evening cliffnotes about various things on my mind. First of all, thank Jeebus Obama was re-elected and congratulations to all you women-folk for being able to keep your rights. Well done, America. And how hilarious was it when the Romney campaign said Ohio had not officially gone blue and then Fox News refused to acknowledge the state had been called? I almost wanted to click over just to watch the ridiculousness but couldn't force myself to actually click to that channel. I saw this tweet the morning after that summed up two of my favorite things at once; the Titanic and Romney getting his ass kicked:
Second, my little brother has been in and out of the hospital the last few weeks with issues relating to his brain tumor and the seizures it causes. They've changed his meds and he's doing better now but he'll have to monitor the tumor more closely. Upside: we now have weekly doctor's appointments in common. He always has to copy me.

Last but not least, I learned a very important lesson via text today - do not ask anyone you know is a smartass to tell you something slow. Because you will be 80 before they finish the sentence. But it provided a hell of a laugh.

Me: Tell me you love it. Tell me real slow
Friend: I
Friend: Loooove

(5 minutes elapse)

Me: Before I'm 40

(1 minute later)

Friend: It
Me: That is the last time I ask you to say anything slowly
Friend: Lol I see your clothing went out of style in the process
Me: LOL. When you started talking I was dancing disco. And now Vanilla Ice is popular. Damn this war
Friend: LOL Damn this war