Sunday, January 24, 2016

Waiting On The Thunder

Last year I decided to be open to all forms of finding a potential life mate, including being set up by friends. I only went on a few set-ups, one disastrous and one not too shabby. But all of that seems to be on the brink of changing now that my friend S has arrived Stateside. I've known S for at least a decade now and she prides herself on trying to fix other's personal lives purely because she has no intention of dealing with her own. The thing is, her set-ups are, shall we say, hit and miss. I've yet to have the pleasure of being set-up by her but she's decided it's her mission whilst she's in town to get me back out into the world of dating. I'm a little afraid because after she declared her intentions she added, "Now...let me go through my Rolodex and get back to you" and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be preparing for a blind date set in the 90's or in 2016. But the best relationship I ever had the privilege of being a part of began on a blind date, and one that was not very well researched (we were basically set up purely because we were both single and our families lived next door to each other, cuz who cares about things in common, right?), so I guess you never know. As long as S knows more about this person than, "She's my neighbor and she's available," I'm good.