Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sometimes It's Hard To Be A Woman

A friend of mine rescued a dog last year and there's been some touch and go moments of acclimating to her new surroundings. Last week, the dog got spooked and tried to run off, injuring her mother when she tried to hold onto her (it's a big dog, ya'll). And then today all of this happened...

Her: I don't wanna go to work. There was a fire not far from us, and the smell of smoke/strong wind is freaking the dog out.
Me: Well you have to go because Babu ain't gonna support hisself
Her: I went to work after all. I need to keep you in the standard of living that you're accustomed to, and if I took today off, I'd have to work the next 6 days straight.
Me: Great, now I look like a hard ass for making you go to work amongst all the smoke
Her: lol Not to mention abandoning my scared child
Me: LOL. It's not like I'm forcing you down into the mines, Loretta Lynn.
Her: LMAO
Me: And need I remind you, your scared child tried to free itself from your regime last week lol
Her: lol Dammit