Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Trouble With Me

Wonder why I've been posting almost every day lately (and sometimes more than that)? Because I'm not sleeping. And when you're not sleeping, it leaves you plenty of time to think. It's not like I'm lying in bed at night staring at the ceiling and thinking. It's more like I take forever to fall asleep but I don't stay asleep, then I toss and turn (figuratively, since I can't really move all that well) and drift in and out of sleep the rest of the night. I do manage to stay asleep for good for the last few hours of the early morning, just before my daughter runs in and wakes me up. Fortunately, I don't need a lot of sleep to function since I have a ridiculous amount of stored energy. I've been here before; my brain in a constant running state and me unable to shut it off. If I knew how to shut it off I could sell the secret and become a millionaire. But I don't need to be a millionaire. I just need to wrap my head around some stuff that's going on. Medical stuff, custody stuff, dealing with women stuff... and it's not all bad stuff, really. But sometimes even good stuff keeps you up all night. Even if I were sleeping I'd probably still be posting a lot. I've been some kind of inspired the last few weeks. More on that later...