Thursday, June 23, 2011

One Minute You're In Love, The Next You're Leaving

Someone I once had a very serious relationship with has unexpectedly appeared in my life again. At first, I thought it was a one time thing and no big deal. I thought she'd reached out cuz she heard something about me and wanted to make sure I was okay. That's apparently not the case. I've mentioned this person many times before, most recently I wrote about my having heard about her getting married. That isn't totally accurate in that she didn't exactly announce she was married, I heard it from her mom who heard it from her sister and it turned out to be one big misunderstanding. Or her sister's wishful thinking. No matter how the confusion came about, I was very surprised to hear from her since I was under the impression she was married. But she explained the dude she was dating was all about getting married and having babies and she wasn't ready for that so she ended the relationship. Now that sounds more like her M.O.
Our conversation was fairly brief but was left open ended, as was the convo we had the day after. I'm not sure what to say or do now though. Most everyone I know is telling me I need to get clarification about what her intentions are before I make a decision to pursue this or not. And that's not really the right turn of phrase cuz there's nothing to pursue here in my mind. But the point of my friends' advice is that there's a reason she's suddenly come back into my life and I have a right to know what it is. So why am I being such a chicken about asking? I've had the chance twice and passed it up both times. And I don't understand it because this person was someone I shared a lot with and loved very much. But now I feel almost uncomfortable talking to her. It's a very weird feeling. The nature of our relationship was very revolving door; I was all in from the beginning but she always had doubts and would put us down and pick us back up again when it suited her. But last year we broke things off for good. Or so I thought.