Friday, May 17, 2013

Blue Jean Baby, L.A. Lady, Seamstress For The Band

I love Sir Elton. He's one of my earliest musical memories (the other being George Michael, my mom has good taste yo). There's a very popular theme park in my hometown that is now insanely huge but when I was a kid it was located on a little stretch of land not far from our house. Like any theme park, it had rides and a rollercoaster and shows. One of those shows was 70's themed and played "Crocodile Rock", which I already knew since my mom is an Elton John fan. But that show kind of made it come alive for me. I don't think this dude has many songs that aren't great. It's hard for me to even choose my favorite. For years I was obsessed with "Rocket Man", then "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" and of course, "Your Song". "Tiny Dancer" was sort of eh for me. Until "Almost Famous". That movie was and still is fantastic, and one of my favorites. It captured that entire era and culture so perfectly. Not to mention, Kate Hudson. Hot damn was she gorgeous and awesome in that movie. The only blonde I've ever had a crush on. This song took on new meaning for me years later when I dated someone who fit the description of the first two lines of the song to a T. But regardless of what you think of when you hear it, it's just an awesome song.