Friday, July 5, 2013

Stopping Every Minute Just Because You're In It

I have a confession to make. I used to watch American Idol. Only the first few seasons though, back when it was a still a slightly original concept. Over a decade later, the show has produced countless reality stars and pseudo celebrities, but few legitimate talents. Kelly Clarkson, the original American Idol, and Carrie Underwood are the most notable singers to come off the show. And while I like both of them, the original is still my favorite. She could sing the phone book and I would probably buy it. She can even sing country. My grandma was a huge country music fan and her favorites were Kenny Rogers and Reba McEntire. Every morning when she took us to school, we were forced to listen to the country station, which is where she first took a liking to Vince Gill. And old meets new in this little ditty. I heard this song by accident. I was trying to click to the Old School R&B station on the television but hit the wrong button and it went to New Country. Everything for a reason, they say. I like this song because it sounds like something I would've heard back in the 90's while on the way to school in the morning.