Thursday, April 4, 2013

And Had You Gone, You Knew In Time We'd Meet Again For I Had Told You


This is a momentous occasion kids. It's the first Beatles entry in this here blog. And it's not at all the song I thought it would be. I LOVE me some Beatles. I was raised on them, my daughter is being raised on them, her children will be raised on them in accordance with the prophecy. I own several Beatles shirts, and in my living room (when I have a living room) hangs a framed picture of John Lennon's "Imagine" lyrics. I don't trust, nor associate with folks who do not like at least two Beatles songs. That would be a question when I interviewed people for jobs, if I was ever trusted in such a position of power. The point it, I love me some Beatles. What's not to love? They were geniuses and every single one of them had/has a successful solo career. And that was the blessing and the curse, really. All of that creativity made them what they were, but it also tore them apart. I wish the reunion they were discussing at the time of John's death had come to fruition. His death is still tragic to this day. I can't even name a favorite Beatles song, it changes depending on my mood. I love the acoustic instruments in "And I Love Her", I love everything about "In My Life". I could go on for days. My spiffy radio app has a commercial-free station devoted to all Beatles, all the time and I was listening to it the other night when this song came on. I don't think I'd heard it in quite some times and, inexplicably, it wasn't on my iPod (that has since been rectified). This just shows the range, those dudes could write, sing and play anything. Good stuff, that's what this is.