Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cuz I Like Pina Coladas, Gettin' Caught In The Rain

Since I was a child, I have made up alternate lyrics to songs. This has always amused my mom and every time we hear a song I changed the lyrics to, she makes me sing my version. My greatest hit amongst my family is Rupert Holmes "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)". When I was a kid I heard, "if you like making love at midnight and the dude suffocates". What he actually says is, "if you like making love at midnight in the dunes on the cape". Soooo...maybe I had some interesting...tendencies as a child. But to this day those lines follow me around like a curse. The song itself is hilarious in that both of these people turn to the personal ads because their unhappy with their relationship, end up falling for each other and just brush off that whole, "Hey! You took out a personal ad with intent to cheat!" conversation they should have. Anyway, this song made an appearance in my life again today. And it was awesome.

Friend: lol That was a trainwreck
Me: lol Can you think of a better analogy for our marriage?
Friend: Yes I can...
Friend: Our marriage is like Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.
Me: It's like the feel of the ocean, or the taste of champagne
Friend: It's like makin' love at midnight
Me: *pushes you out the way and takes the mic* IT'S LIKE MAKIN' LOVE AT MIDNIIIIIIIGHT WHILE THE DUUUUUUUDE SUFFOCATES
Friend: LMAO! I can see you shoving me out of the way