Monday, July 14, 2014

A Problem Free Philosophy

Recently MC came across a shirt that reminded her of me. It says, "Hakuna Matata" and has a picture of "The Lion King" characters set against an African sunset. If I wore this shirt on a day I decided to shave and threw on a fanny pack, I'd probably be able to pass as a seven year old on a field trip. And that's part of why I love it. Miss N loves Disney movies and I love Miss N, so I'ma rock this shirt til there's nothing left of it but a couple of threads. As much as I already love it, and everybody seems to agree that it suits me, it's apparently an acquired taste as a certain someone would not allow me to wear it out to a casual work function.

Y: Oh my god, no. You are not wearing that shirt to this thing, go and change.
Me: I like it.
Y: I said no. No Hakuna Matata.
Me: But it's such a wonderful phrase...
[She thinks it over for a minute before deciding to play along]
Y: Hakuna Matata.
Me: Pssh, it ain't no passin' craze...
Me: IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAAAAAAYS.
Y: It's a problem free philosophy.
Me: Hakuna Matataaaaaaa.
Y: Ok, that was fun. But seriously, go change.
Me: I will not. Because I am Hakuna Matata.
Y: Did I mention it's an open bar and one of our dinner companions is of questionable morals when she drinks?

She got her way, I changed. But I'ma sleep in that shirt.