Friday, December 13, 2013

How Did You Know It's What I've Always Wanted

I got Kelly Clarkson's Christmas album this week and I have to say I'm is impressed. I'm notoriously hard to please when it comes to Christmas music and it drives everyone I know crazy. You know how some people put on a holiday themed station and just let it play and enjoy whatever music comes on? Yeah, I'm not one of those. I only like certain versions of certain songs and I rarely add anything new to my Christmas playlist. And a pathetic playlist it is, with only about 55 songs on it. Still, they're 55 songs I can listen to on repeat everyday from December 1st to January 2nd and not get tired of a single one. Because of my holiday music pickiness, I hesitated in getting Kelly's album. I love her, love just about every album she's ever done, but didn't want to have to say, "Well, she didn't do a good job with that holiday thing". I shouldn't have worried though. Like, at all. The album is (almost) flawless, like every other one she's done. The only song I don't care for is the cover of "Baby, It's Cold Outside", but only because I think she oversings it a bit. The version of that song I prefer is actually the cover that "Glee" did a few years back. But I am a big fan of another cover on the album, "Just for Now", definitely the standout on the album. I love the mood of it and it's genius how she incorporated another holiday song into the music. At this point, her next album could be a cover of German death metal and I'd still love it.