Thursday, September 26, 2013

You Know I Like My Girls A Little Bit Older, I Just Wanna Use Your Love Tonight

I've had this song stuck in my head for two weeks now, ever since I heard it at a baseball game. It was used as a batter's walk up song and I knew I'd heard it before but couldn't place it. Apparently it's commonly mistaken for a Police song but is actually by a one-hit wonder band called The Outfield. Upon Googling and reading the lyrics, it's like it coulda been written for me back in the day: "Stay the night but keep it under cover", "As you're leaving please would you close the door? And don't forget what I told you", and of course, "You know I like my girls a little bit older, I just wanna use your love tonight". I know what I'm singing at karaoke next month when I go home...and in the car...and around the house in the meantime.