Monday, June 16, 2014

Conspiracy Theory

Last week the mother of my child, henceforth known as MC, gave our child a Starbucks gift card and Father's Day greeting card to give to me today. My mom got her weekends mixed up and til Miss N that last Sunday was Father's Day and that she should give me the gift. Miss N complied and I took a look at the calendar, realized she was a week early and said as much. My wonderful little girl snatched both cards outta my hand, flashed me a dirty look and went and put them away until it was actually Father's Day. Flash forward to today, which we spent finishing a section of our yard work, and you'll find me completely cardless. Miss N lost the greeting card sometime in the span of seven days and while she remember the gift card, my mom held it for "safe keeping" and then spent a portion of it on her and the kid. On top of that, mom yelled at us for not getting her a Father's Day cake, even though she was the one who told Miss N last week was Father's Day. And did I mention she spent my money? Methinks she had this allllll planned out.