Friday, October 24, 2014

Italian Roast

I've stated before that I'm a big fan of MOC's boyfriend. He's funny, he's smart and gosh darnit, people like him. It's also nice to have an Italian in the family again. I grew up around a couple of them and it'll be nice if Miss N can do the same (although she's yet to meet him, we're shooting for the holidays). He's also ridiculously talented, having taken up the guitar and drums in his youth. But he, MOC and I differ in just what instrument Miss N should stick with...

Me: Miss N asked me to teach her guitar and I'm stoked about it.
MOC: That'll be awesome. Daddy-daughter guitar lessons. 
Gio: She's playing piano so beautifully. Why not wait on guitar? Do you want her to play Carnegie Hall someday, or do you want her to be some rock star?
[MOC and I look at each other and contemplate for about five seconds]
MOC & Me: Rock star!
MOC: She could be the next Stevie Nicks!
Me: Oh my god, that would be amazing. Yes, let's make her the next Stevie Nicks!
Gio: *Walks away whilst mumbling in Italian something that was probably disparaging to both of us*

Somehow that straight from Italy accent even makes insults sound classy.