Monday, October 6, 2014

The Labor Act

MOC bought a bookcase over the weekend and asked me to assemble them. Spoiler alert: it did not go without a hitch.
Me: This has the steps of the instructions labeled as 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 5, 6. Wtf? Wait...what is this part? I don't even have that part. These shelves are stupid.
MOC: You know...I asked you to do this because you're the most handy of all my friends...but maybe I overestimated that.
Me: lol Please, you asked me because Gio is out of town and you wanted some free labor.
MOC: And speaking of labor, I endured it and had your child so I think you can build me some shelves without giving me attitude.
Me: You know, I came over to help because you were one of my nicer friends...but then I remembered that we're family and therefore we can't be nice to each other.
MOC: lol I have a feeling that will be the only nail you hit on the head during this shelf buildin'.
For the record, I built those shelves soooooooooo hard.