Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Professor Is In

Two years ago I ventured home to talk to kids at my old film school about what happens after they graduate. It did not go well. I don't like public speaking and it showed. And yet, I have apparently been roped into doing it all over again. Only this time it's not for high school kids and they're hormones (thank god), but for college kids. My sister is doing a few workshops next month to teach advanced editing and asked me to be her second in command. And I, perhaps foolishly, agreed. But this is more hands on working and teaching, not getting up in front of a crowd and talking. Or, in my case, not talking. I'm excited about it though because I get to work with the sister. Hopefully it goes much better than the last time. And now I have a whole new perspective because I have also seen the seedy underside of the editing profession (read: unemployment).