Friday, October 18, 2013

We Are (Unfortunately) The World

I love my siblings...

Sister: My Christmas town lacks diversity. Like big time.
Me: ...You got out the Christmas stuff already?
Sister: God no. I'm looking at the little Christmas town stuff they have at Kohl's and realizing my town is as pasty white as theirs.
Brother: I saw black people at the dollar store last year.
Me: lol I saw them too!
Sister: Yet NOBODY bought them...
Me: The workmanship looked shoddy.
Brother: lol Well that sounds racist - "The black people's workmanship was shoddy so I didn't buy them."
Sister: LOL
Me: LOL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Sister: *sigh* I guess my town stays too white
Brother: That store is in the middle of the barrio, they shoulda had shoddy Mexican people.
Me: They did. They just weren't for sale.
Sister: LMAO! Straight to hell, little brother.
Me: lol Oh I know. And that's not even the most offensive thing I've said this week.
Brother: LOL I believe it.
Sister: Watch, this year they'll have little Mexican townspeople. And if either of you had gotten the black ones last year, I'd have an ethnically diverse town. But nooooooooo.
Me: Sorry I ruined your shot at a 'we are the world' town. I know it's been your dream for like the past ten minutes and all lol.
Sister: LOL We are the world town
Brother: LOL We are the fools who make a diverse town so let's start buyinggggggg.
Me: LOL Well we are definitely the children.