Thursday, February 19, 2015

Life Could Be Simple, But You Never Fail To Complicate It Every Single Time

Aaaaaaaaaaand now part two of this week's triumphant, okay decent, return to song. My brother...*sigh*...I don't even know what to say about him and his current drama, soon-to-be divorced from his wife of eight years, whom he's been with for nearly twenty years. I remember when his oldest child was born, I thought how fucking lucky he was to be with the love of his life and have a family, etc. Having any of that with the first love of my life was never going to happen since she was already gone so I was a little jealous that he got his happily ever after. But it wasn't long before the cracks in all the happy began to show and it became evident his ambition and arrogance would always come before his new family. I was shocked when they finally did get married but suspected it was purely because the Mrs. wanted to, not because he did. He likes to attribute his going off the rails to the death of our father, but really he had a lot of ish to deal with even before then. And it's never his own fault, of course. The way his life has turned out is attributed to our childhood (which frankly was pretty great so I don't know what his problem is with it), to my sister and I, to his wife and even to his kids at some points. Everyone is against him and woe is him, possibly for eternity now that he'll be on his own most of the time. I wish things would change, if nothing else the relationship he has with the kids and the woman he presumably used to love. But sadly, I don't see it.