Thursday, February 26, 2015

Come Back To Me, 90's!

So we've established that I'm old and only going to get older, unfortunately. My day began with a discussion about credit scores and later on I had a discussion Alzheimers. Like...wtf? I remember when convos used to center on random lady friends and how stupid we all were the night before. What has become of our lives, ya'll? Old age really is a bitch. Yesterday I was reminiscing with Agent W as we talked about how we missed the good old days, otherwise known as the 90's. Somehow, I still think the 90's were like a decade ago, instead of - ya'll ready for this - fifteen years ago. Fifteen damn years. I loved everything about the 90's, but TV and music were no doubt the best during that era. "Fresh Prince", "Moesha", "The Parkers", "Living Single", the list of good (and minority fronted) shows could go on and on. And they dealt with the topics of the day in wonderful and believable fashion. This was back when just having a boy in your room was a big ass deal, as opposed to what goes on in shows today between teenagers. The other great thing about these shows is that many included music on a regular basis, as most had at least one lead actor or actress that was a singer or rapper. And that brings us to a topic I could discuss all day long, and that's 90's music. I loved almost all of that too, it was a very diverse decade with something for everyone. A friend mentioned 90's duo Zhané and it was a name I hadn't heard in ages. I liked some of their stuff, mostly the singles, but there was one song in particular that I was hooked on for awhile. It wasn't their most popular single, but I loved the vibe of it and the style of the video. *sigh* I miss you, 90's!