Friday, April 4, 2014

If I Have Your Attention, I'll Tell You What I've Learned, In Spite Of Good Intentions, It's Easy To Get Burned

I've been on a Jets kick lately. I decided to see if there was a Jets station on Pandora and sure enough there is. But it's not really what you'd expect. It's a bit...schizophrenic. In the last three days, it has played me three songs by The Jets, "You Got It All", "Private Number" and "The Same Love". The first night I had the station on, it played a bunch of karaoke hits that I very much enjoyed belting along to; "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now", "Next Time I Fall", "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight". That seemed random but I didn't think much about it. The second night, it played those same three Jets songs and then 90's gangsta rap the rest of the evening. I guess the message from Pandora is that those are the only three Jets songs they own and so they'll play whatever the hell they want once those obligatory songs are outta the way. And that's just fine because I own all The Jets songs that I like anyway. And here's one of them now. The thing I kinda love now about all of their videos is just how unabashedly 80's they were. The minute you see any of their videos, there is no question what decade they're from. One of the few things I actually like about the 80's, actually. Happy Friday.